Did you know that skin care ingredients can be unrefined and cold pressed, just like your favorite green juice? Puristry understands that what you put on your skin is just as important as what you eat. In fact, most of what you put on your skin can be absorbed into your bloodstream. That’s why our ingredients are not only certified USDA Organic, but also unrefined and cold pressed.
So What’s the Deal with Refined Oils?
Refined oils are much more processed than virgin oils, and therefore don’t provide as many nutrients. The refining process includes treating the oil with a chemical solution (typically sodium hydroxide), before deodorizing and bleaching the oil. It’s also common for refined oils to be cut with less expensive oils, in order to keep costs low.
This process diminishes many of the nutrients and antioxidants that are present in the virgin oil, meaning the refined oils can’t provide their maximum benefits. Although refined oils might be cheaper, they might not provide the results you were hoping for because the potent antioxidants have been stripped from the oil.
An easy way to tell if your oil is refined is to smell it; virgin oils have strong natural aromas, so a lack of scent is a clue that it has been refined. We use the natural aromas of the oils and butters to give our products a natural spa-like scent, versus adding artificial fragrances.
Do Cold Pressed Oils Really Have More Nutrients?
Yes! Using cold pressed oils is an extra step we take to ensure maximum results from our skin care products. A cold press compacts seeds and plants between two plates, releasing their natural oil. Applying heat to the seeds and nuts as they are being pressed can speed up the process and produce more oil; the downside is that this heat can also break down the nutritional content and weaken the aroma.
Unlike conventional practices, we cold press our ingredients to preserve as much nutritional value as possible. Our Restorative Facial Oil contains over 10 different types of oils from organic fruits and plants, and blending these ingredients together without heat creates a luxurious, nutrient-packed facial oil. It really is like a green juice for your skin!
What Are the Benefits of Unrefined, Cold Pressed Oils?
- - Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil
- - Grapeseed oil is rich in Vitamins D, C, and E, and fatty acids which makes it an anti-wrinkle powerhouse. This oil is great for reducing the appearance of scars, as well as fighting acne breakouts with its potent anti-inflammatory properties. Grapeseed oil is ultra light, making it ideal for moisturizing oily skin without giving a greasy after-effect.
- Jojoba Oil
- - Jojoba oil is a natural emollient that easily absorbs into the skin, making it a wonderful skin softener for all skin types. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of this oil make it safe for acne prone skin.
- - Cold Pressed Jojoba Oi
- - Rosehip Oil is packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C, making it the go to oil for lightening dark spots, balancing pigmentation, and minimizing signs of aging. This oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin and stimulate cellular renewal for increased elasticity.
- - Cold Pressed Pomegranate Seed Oil
- - Pomegranate seed oil is yet another oil present in our Restorative Facial Oil that comes naturally packed with antioxidants. This oil is soothing for dry skin and an effective cell regenerator to helps to improve skin elasticity.
- - Cold Pressed Lavender Oil
- - Lavender Oil has tons of benefits for skin, including soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits, protection from environmental aggressors, and stimulation of cellular renewal
- - Cold Pressed Cedarwood Bark Oil
- - Cedarwood Bark Oil is known for its clarifying benefits, as it helps to cleanse and purify skin and fight breakout-causing bacteria.
- - Cold Pressed Vetiver Oil
- - Vetiver Oil is helpful for cellular regeneration, making it a wonder for minimizing the appearance of scars.
Needless to say, you’ll be getting the most out of your skin care when you look for formulas containing unrefined, cold pressed oils (including nut, seed, fruit, and essential oils). Puristry embraces the combination of these amazing oils and ingredients to create potent products that are not only certified USDA Organic, but totally safe for your skin. All of our products contain a special combination of cold pressed essential oils to help promote beautiful, healthy skin!